Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Embroidery

I'm at a point in my life (again) where I have absolutely no clue what to do with myself. I've never been the type of person with a life plan, or with ambitions and goals to reach by a certain age. When interviewers ask 'where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time?' I panic and blurt out something about developing my skills and progressing through a role. Because I don't have a definite career goal, so to speak, I feel a bit lost when thinking about the future.

For now, life consists of dog-sitting, blogging, spending evenings with my boyfriend and family and not much else. And on one hand, it feels pretty sweet not to have any responsibilities. But on the other I feel guilty that I haven't found my ambitions or goals or purpose in life yet. I want to make things and I want to create something new everyday. If someone could pay me to embroider 24 hours a day, I'd happily do it. Shame no-one's offering!

I decided to start creating a travel map, of all the places in the world I've visited so far. Here are my first two, which I'll be adding to everytime I travel! I also made a third, of Ireland, as a clue that I'd booked a weekend in Dublin for my boyfriend's birthday. It took him a while...



 


I love the monochrome outline - I've seen something similar online for US states - paired with the little country flags, which are an absolute bugger to stitch... Let me know what you think... Of either of the topics of today's quite mizzo post!