Wednesday 2 September 2015

Embroidery

I'm at a point in my life (again) where I have absolutely no clue what to do with myself. I've never been the type of person with a life plan, or with ambitions and goals to reach by a certain age. When interviewers ask 'where do you see yourself in 5-10 years time?' I panic and blurt out something about developing my skills and progressing through a role. Because I don't have a definite career goal, so to speak, I feel a bit lost when thinking about the future.

For now, life consists of dog-sitting, blogging, spending evenings with my boyfriend and family and not much else. And on one hand, it feels pretty sweet not to have any responsibilities. But on the other I feel guilty that I haven't found my ambitions or goals or purpose in life yet. I want to make things and I want to create something new everyday. If someone could pay me to embroider 24 hours a day, I'd happily do it. Shame no-one's offering!

I decided to start creating a travel map, of all the places in the world I've visited so far. Here are my first two, which I'll be adding to everytime I travel! I also made a third, of Ireland, as a clue that I'd booked a weekend in Dublin for my boyfriend's birthday. It took him a while...



 


I love the monochrome outline - I've seen something similar online for US states - paired with the little country flags, which are an absolute bugger to stitch... Let me know what you think... Of either of the topics of today's quite mizzo post!

No comments:

Post a Comment