Wednesday 29 July 2015

My jewellery collection

This post is slightly different to normal, and focuses on something a little different. I came across the live auction site Invaluable a couple of weeks ago and loved the whole concept. So I thought I'd have a go at showing off a few special bits and bobs that I've collected from around the world over the years.

None of my jewellery is particularly expensive, I'm not a diamonds and pearls type of gal. I'm more for unique pieces that remind me of a particular time or place in my life. I like to buy something everywhere I go, so that I can look down at a particular piece of jewellery and be instantly transported back!



Croatian Silver Filigree Bracelet

I found this piece in a tiny jewellers in the tiny village of Ston in Croatia. I love the delicate detail and how the silver wraps itself around my wrist in such a manner. It reminds me of the most beautiful country in the world, and one of the most relaxing weeks spent travelling to different parts of Croatia with my family.


Morrocan Silver & Red Stone Earrings

I bought these earrings in the middle of Moroccan nowhere from a women with just a cardboard stand full of jewellery. I spent a week travelling from Marrakesh to Casablanca to Fes, and exploring some of the more beautiful corners of the country.

I recently travelled to Egypt and had one of those horrific moments when I lost one of the pair. A few weeks later my friend sent me a photo of it that she'd dug out of the bottom of her suitcase. We were reunited and they've been a staple in my ears again ever since! 


Cypriot Evil Eye Bracelet

This is one of my favourite pieces of jewellery, purely because it's so pretty. Also because it was bought for me, by my boyfriend (who knows me so well!) when he spent 10 days in Cyprus without me. I love the Turkish eye embedded within the pearly white stones and how dainty it looks against my skin. The evil eye is not in fact, evil, and is a symbol of good luck. I like to wear this piece especially when I feel like I need a little extra!


Cypriot Glass Pendant Necklace

Another Cyprus goodie... I recently came home from Cyprus, and this colourful glass charm is a little reminder of an amazing trip. It's completely unique and handmade by a little old man who has a tiny shop next to Bellapais Abbey. I'm planning to find it a thin, silver chain to sit on, to make it more of a versatile piece and to really let the colours speak for themselves!



So there you have it! Four very different pieces that are all special to me in a different way. I do have a lot more jewellery, but it would take me an awfully long time to document every piece!

One of the things that means the most to me when choosing my jewellery, is knowing that each piece is an individual, and I'm not likely to see the same thing on anyone else's wrist, neck or ears! Invaluable provide a similar service, with an entire website dedicated to arts, antiques and collectibles. There's even an entire section dedicated to Chinese snuff bottles, of which I'd love every single one. With thousands of pieces of jewellery to browse through, it is probably the perfect place to send your significant other (or your mum) in search of something special - for your birthday or just because!

Admittedly, (as you all know of my love for snakes) I have spent a good few hours gazing at this bad boy, but there is so much variety it's easy to lost within the auction pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment