Wednesday 17 February 2016

OOTD | Love Actually knitwear





Coat (GAP sale in-store) | Jumper (H&M in-store) | Scarf (similar here, H&M in-store) | Jeans | Boots

I go to New York this Friday! Super duper excited, if not slightly shivery at how cold it's supposed to be. Right now it's something like -20 degrees, so I've been stockpiling coats, jumpers and scarves like a mad woman in preparation. I've never been to America before, so I'm pretty excited for the culture shock - any tips on where to go or what to see would be cool!
Sticking with my theme of toning down my wardrobe - I've started to ignore colours and patterns and impulse buys, much more in favour of muted colours and staple items. For example - a pair of snakeskin boots have been on my wishlist forever, and because of their monochrome palette, they pretty much go with every outfit combination I own. 
This jumper has gotten so much wear over the past couple of months. It's quite honestly the cosiest item in my wardrobe. I pretty much chuck it on every single day, after getting dressed and realising my outfit isn't cold weather appropriate. My boyfriend tells me it reminds me of Jamie's cheating girlfriend from Love Actually - which is a great compliment. That jumper is the best.

I realised whilst writing this post that I am such a cheapskate. I literally refuse to pay full price for anything - all of these items were either purchased with my discount or in the January sales. I always manage to find absolute bargains - prime example being this thermal lined coat. It's been reduced from £100 to £25, so if you can still find it in GAP stores it's definitely worth a purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment