Friday 16 January 2015

Travel : Brussels & Bruges













I feel like I'm on Myspace again, documenting my holidays. This is just a few of the maaany photos from Brussels and Bruges just my boyfriend and myself visited the weekend before Christmas, and so they mainly consist of Christmas markets, Christmas trees and an awfully strange Christmas nativity parade (red jacketed marching band). Belgium is such a beautiful country and I'm so happy we managed to squeeze in travelling to Bruges for the day, even if it was full of tourists (ourselves included)... 

My favourite places are as follows... The botanical gardens which featured in my first outfit post, with incredible turquoise statues lining the pathways. 

A little gem of a record shop that stocked everything you could ever imagine. We picked up a 'Petite Surprise' package of 7" lps for 2 euros - which was a little Christmas present to ourselves! 

Grand Place, the obvious tourist destination. Each evening, every half hour or so, orchestral music starts booming around the square while a spectacular light show lights up each magnificently grand building. Seriously breath taking. 

St Catherine's Christmas markets are also a must see - there's so many stalls to see and so much gluhwein to drink!

Four days was pretty much the perfect length of time for a 'weekend break', enough time to see all the sights, find a favourite cafĂ© and actually have a break from real life! I'm off to Egypt tomorrow for an all-inclusive week of writing my dissertation and lying by the pool. I'm excited to escape the freezing English climate, although it means I need to try and remember how to dress for hot weather... 

No comments:

Post a Comment