Friday 14 August 2015

"Fashion fades, style is eternal"

The Bowes Museum in County Durham last month revealed their latest exhibition - Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal - which is running up until the 25th October. In celebration of the launch, Farfetch have set myself, and other fashion bloggers, the challenge of creating a classic Saint Laurent look, centred around the iconic smoking jacket - a piece that I think just about everybody longs to someday own!

I tried to create an outfit representative of myself, and give the smoking jacket more of a casual edge, rather than dressing it up, as that's just not my style. To be honest with you, I used the belt as the focal point of this whole look! A oversized shirt and black denims is my go-to, not-doing-anything-today style, so these pieces were essential. I added the gold boots because, well, look at them! This is a look that I would wear over and over again, something which, I guess is my classic look.

I think the beauty of Saint Laurent as a brand is the simplicity of their pieces. The entire presence of the brand echoes that of Parisian street style, and allows us mere mortal Brits to dress as if we were as cool as the French. For me, Saint Laurent is the epitome of style, and as the saying goes: Style is eternal.

You can find these pieces and many, many more Saint Laurent beauties over at Farfetch. Also, if you'd like to find out more info about the exhibition, you can do so over at the Bowes Museum website.

No comments:

Post a Comment